What information should I have when I call a bail bondsman?
You should have as much information as you can about the person you are attempting to bail out of jail. This information should include:
- Full name of the jailed person
- Location of the jail where the person is in custody, including city, state, and name of the jail
- Booking number of the jailed person
- The bail agent can get this information for you if you don’t have it, but it will streamline the process if you can get it yourself
- The charges the jailed person is facing
- The amount of the bail